What is Anusara Yoga?
Anusara is a hatha yoga style which uses dynamic sequences infused with spiritual wisdom.
Anusara means “Flowing with Grace” and its based in Non-dual Tantric philosophy. An Anusara yoga class skilfully addresses all the levels of the being, leaving participants with a deeper connection to their universal nature. They are challenging, and fun.
How does it work?
Each class allows you to deepen in the postures applying the 5 Universal Principles of Alignment (UPA’s), which also weaves through a spiritual theme or virtue which is addressed in a down to earth and inspiring way.
We will cover:
Introduction to Tantric philosophy and Anusara Yoga, and an overall look of the different schools of yoga:
- Classical Yoga, Advaita Vedanta and Tantra.
- UPA´s: The 5 Universal Principles of Alignment (physical and subtle characteristics)
- How to infuse wisdom (tantric philosophy) in a dynamic flow (the heart qualities)
- The Art of Sequencing (covering all the classifications of poses: standing poses, backbends, forward bends, twists, arm balancing, inversions, and restoratives).
You will receive
- A wider perspective of Tantra Yoga philosophy
- New ways to approach and deepen asana practice
- New ways of teaching asana
- Deeper body-awareness through the principles of alignment
- A restorative experience and a dynamic style
- This is an active style, it can be challenging and deep, purifying and expansive. Its a good opportunity to experience a nice balance between effort and surrender.
- Bring a water bottle, face towel, notebook and pen, an open heart and a rested body.
- This course is for those who have experienced a dynamic practice, or are teaching it.
- The attendee is invited not to have any expectations of the course and enjoy the beauty and depth of the practice as if it were the first time of practicing yoga.
- Make sure your breakfast is light as you will practice in the morning.
Early bird (until the Sept 28th): $150
Full price: $200
*Healthy vegan lunch included.
** Ticket price includes 3 free Anusara classes at Spanda School.
Click here to book in online or send us an enquiry about bank transfer.
Latifa’s aspiration for spiritual growth has inspired along a deep path into yogic and tantric wisdom. The need of Self-understanding and well-being brought her to have her first approach to spirituality and non-dual teachings from a group of essenian Mexican traditional healers from Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico. With the essenians she discovered the importance of natural healing, the mysteries of the soul, energies and self-awareness. This was her invitation to Yoga.
Latifa has been practicing yoga and meditation since 2008 with different inspiring teachers and spiritual masters around the world and has received +1,200 hours of certified teacher training.
Latifa is an Agama, Hridaya, Anusara and Meditation teacher specialising in Tantra and teacher training courses. She first taught in Rishikesh, India in 2011, and has continued teaching internationally in Thailand, Bali, India, Europe and Mexico since then.
Latifa offers a unique, dynamic and inspiring style of yoga infused by authentic spiritual wisdom. She feels eternal gratitude to walk the path of yoga everyday, an amazing, loving, coherent path, a path towards Truth, a path to God.
About Spanda School
This peaceful & welcoming sanctuary in beachside South Freo is the perfect location to start exploring the more rare aspect of spiritual practice, yoga & meditation.
Unlike no other studio in WA, Spanda School is rooted in the lineage of Hatha Yoga, Tantra, Jnana & Kashmiri Shiavism. You may find a competitive atmosphere in most yoga classes in the West, or at best, a modern version of the posture practice that is missing the potency of this secretly practiced tradition.
At Spanda School the focus is entirely different – refreshing & eye-opening. Through our daily drop-in sessions and longer programs, we prepare the human being for the highest realisations of infinite potential, but also for the revelation of the mystery of our true nature – Shiva Consciousness.