Learning to accept what has happened in a gentle and responsible way.
This process cannot and should not be rushed; however we can learn how to safely navigate our way through day to day life.
This session is open to anyone who has suffered trauma, or is supporting them like a yoga teacher or friend. Jen Stuart is trained in yoga, meditation and PTSD, and has a passion for sharing the triumphs of her own journey with those who need it.
This session will include:
✓ Specific breath techniques that allow a greater ability to tolerate trauma
✓ Working with new pathways of healing and personal growth.
✓ How to feel safer within your own skin on and off the mat
✓ Empowerment through the dips and flows of this challenging life
Come as you are. Support is here.
Complemented with essential oils.
What to expect
These 2 hours spent together will be opening up a ‘trauma toolbox’. Making space for grounding, balancing the nervous system and focussing our minds towards meditation techniques – quieting the busy and confusion that can come with a trauma. Picking up the right tools for this unpredictable life can sometimes be challenging; especially when not knowing where to start. In this safe and nurturing space, we invite you to play and get to know yourself again and feel what resonates, with you. Feeling into the sensation, noticing where we have been holding tension or perhaps numbness. We are all unique, our experiences are unique but we must all learn to take ownership of our body. This is so important: if we do not know what it needs, how can we start to heal?
- Exploring bottom up processing, where we use our body to communicate – trusting your body to tell your mind how you are actually feeling, rather than the mind dictating to your body what it thinks we should be feeling.
- Specific breath techniques will allow a greater ability to tolerate trauma related stimuli by working with new pathways of healing and personal growth.
- Begin to feel safer within your own skin on and off the mat.
- Encourage empowerment through the dips and flows of this challenging life
*Limited spots are available to ensure comfort and privacy.
Saturday 16th of June 12-2pm
- $55 per person
- Click here to Book Online
For further information or to pay by credit card over the phone contact email@example.com
Guided by Jen, who comes from a background of personal trauma experience and has gone onto further training in PTSD, mental health and Trauma Sensitive Yoga training. Read more about her at http://www.jen-stuart.com